tisdag 26 januari 2010

What does the future have in store?

Will I have the same fate as the tragic Madame Bovary? I am sure my life will not end the way hers did, nothing of that kind I am sure. But she is a dreamer and a seeker and it is exactly that and her restlessness that ruins her. She is never pleased with anything, always looking for more. And I can see myself in her, I’m not like her cause she’s very exaggerated but I do resemble her in some ways and that to me is disturbing. Because I know that I set to high standards and I’m wondering if someone will ever live up to my ideal. My ideal is very romanticized and almost completely based on movies and books. In that way I resemble her and like her I might end up as naïve and hard too please. But unlike her I am not selfish and unlike the time she lived I actually have a say in this society. I can put my energy on something else than a man. But that still doesn’t clear up what will happen in the romantic aspect of my life.

Beatrix Bernadotte

Inga kommentarer: